Latest Solar News – March 1-10 2019
Posted by Admin on March, 30, 2021
- Solar power generation 5.8 per cent costlier with GST: Report
- GST roll out has led to an increase in the cost of solar PV power generation by almost 6 per cent, a study shows.
- IKEA’s research and design laboratory SPACE10 has launched a project to explore how solar power can combine with blockchain technology.
- Copenhagen-based SPACE10 is running the SolarVille project in collaboration with blockchain experts BLOC and Blocktech.
- PDM University installs 1.1 MW rooftop Solar powered system to light up its campus.The system will supply around 70% of the peak energy demand on campus during the day, enough to power more than 700 households.
- The 100 GW target for overall solar power is woefully short of India’s potential which is estimated at 748.98 GW. On 19 February 2019, the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved the second phase of grid-connected rooftop solar program with central financial support of Rs 11,814 crore to achieve a cumulative capacity of 40 GW by 2022.
- Azure Power secures 300MW solar power project from SECI in India
- Azure Power announced that it has received a letter of award (LOA) for a 300MW solar power project through an auction conducted by Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- The Union Cabinet also recently approved the proposal for the implementation of a program titled ‘Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric Vehicles in India Phase II (FAME India Phase II)’ aimed towards the promotion of electric mobility in the country.
- The program has a total budget of ₹100 billion ($1.41 billion), which is expected to be deployed over a period of three years with effect from April 1, 2019.
- World Bank Approves $185 Million Loan for 310 MW Renewable Energy Projects in Bangladesh
- Renewable projects account for around 1.5 percent of the total installed energy capacity in Bangladesh.